She was born in Mytilini and graduated from the School of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
She completed her residency in Ophthalmology at 1st University Ophthalmology Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AHEPA Hospital).
She is Fellow in pediatric ophthalmology – strabismus and neuro-ophthalmology (Pediatric Eye Center of Greece).
MD – Medical School Degree
(Aristotle University of Thessaloniki)
FEBO – European Diploma in Ophthalmology
Research – Publications
- Combined CRVO and double cilioretinal artery occlusion Malliarou S., Chalkias E., Giannoulis D., Giannopoulos T., Papathomas T., Koskosas A., Topouzis F. 15th GVRS 2020
- Ocular brucellosis: A case report Papadopoulou E., Kalaitzidou A. , Malliarou S. , Diafas S. , Dervenis N., Topouzis F. 55th Panhellenic Ophthalmology Congress (e-poster)
- Cavernous Sinus Syndrome secondary to Carotid Cavernous Fistula- A case report Papadopoulou E., Kalaitzidou A. , Malliarou S. , Diafas S. , Dervenis N., Topouzis F. 55th Panhellenic Ophthalmology Congress (e-poster)
- Management of post operative Descemet’s membrane detachment after deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty Artzouchaltzi AM, Giannoukaki A, Malliarou S, Mikropoulos D, Topouzis F 55th Panhellenic Ophthalmology Congress (e-poster)
- Penetrating keratoplasty in keratoconus with peripheral hydrops Malliarou Sofia, Vagiakis Iordanis, Papadopoulou Evangeliia, Mikropoulos Dimitrios, Topouzis Fotios 56th Panhellenic Ophthalmological Congress (e-poster)
Member of scientific societies
– Ophthalmological Society of Northern Greece (OEBE)
– Hellenic College of Ophthalmology (EKO)
– Greek Society of Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus (EEPOS)
– International Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus Council (IPOSC)
She speaks English and German.